Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Birthing Utopia Doula Service - hiatus continues

I thought I would touch base with any clients who are looking at my profile and maybe considering doula care.

At the moment, I have not been accepting clients. My work status remains "employed" outside of the home, at a job, where I most likely will not be able to accept a client.

BUT

I am always available to help a momma going through hyperemesis gravidarum.

I am always available to help a momma with breastfeeding and post partum support.

Any sort of informational resources, building a birthing blog, and building a birth plan are always things I can work into my schedule.

I will be starting a full time day job very soon. I'm hoping to open some doors very soon to allow myself time to finish my certified lactation educator class. I'm hoping to start looking into midwifery practice and how I can make it happen within the current constraints of my busy life.

Also, I am a chapter leader with the ICAN organization here in my city. This is becoming something I'd like to pursue further. I still want to help expecting families, I would LOVE to attend a birth soon. Kind of wondering if some day I won't be able to continue my path and have another little one myself.

There is much birth work to do, and I see myself taking my practice outside of conventional doula work. There are lots of doulas, www.doulasofregina.com who are willing and available to help you now. Even more doulas are on the horizon, and this I am glad for. At the moment, I wish I could attend a birth.

If things change, if my employer seems open at some point to my doula work, I will jump back in (well, if you know me I don't jump I usually dive head first!).

Love you all. Mothers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters.

And occasionally husbands ;).

No comments: